Sunday, April 13, 2014

Banished Destiny



Banished Destiny by Mrs.Insaneone
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8543001/1/Banished-Destiny

Great story with characters that grab you and don't let go. This is a Gundam Wing/Harry Potter crossover. Right after the tournament Sirius sends Harry to a new dimension with everything he will need to survive. Unfortunately there are some complications, the main one is that Harry is suddenly a young child again and is stranded on a desert island. 2 years later a Gundam crashes down and the Perfect Soldier meets the Boy-Who-Lived and the war will never be the same. This is not a light-hearted fic, the characters are darker, Dumbledore and Snape were evil and Harry has recovered all his memories good and bad and is now cynical and full of anger and hate. The first meeting between Heero and Harry does not go well and ends up with Harry swearing a wizarding oath to follow all reasonable orders in order to stop Heero from hurting him. I do like her characterizations and the reactions of the other pilots. If you are looking for light and happy this is not the story for you but for a great read that brings the darker emotions to light this is it.

Additional Note
I had found this story after almost a year so I only did a quick reread of the chapters to find where I last remembered (approximately 1/2 way) in order to post it. I have since completed the story and I have to upgrade to AWESOME. The twists and turns the author has made keeps the story riveting and I love how the author shows that power comes with a price and that magic is not a cure all. Harry is not super powered he makes mistakes and thanks to his new family he can endure and rise above the past. It will make you cry when you read some of the twists and I cannot wait until the next chapter. I think I will see what else this author has written because damn, they are that good

No comments:

Post a Comment