Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Secret Return of Alex Mack (Alex/Ray, Willow/Jack)


The Secret Return of Alex Mack by DianeCastle
http://www.tthfanfic.org/Story-28614/DianeCastle+The+Secret+Return+of+Alex+Mack.htm

Awesome story third in the Brane of Extraordinary Women, you really need to read the first story League of Extraordinary women for some of this to make sense. When Alex returns to her dimension she takes the advice of the other heroes to heart and decides that she is ready to take that final step. To do this she searches for the counterparts of the people she met and once she drags the shy but highly intelligent computer genius into her secret world the rest starts to fall into place. Meeting Colonel Jack O'Neill with the Superpower Research Institute along with Finn and Graham she has the beginning of a fixed team to take on the world. Then she meets Hermione, Ron, and Harry and suddenly she is international and now there are characters from all over the place making an appearance, Batman, Firestarter, Hanna to name only a few. The characterization is believable and people being brought into this world are done in such a way that you feel like they were always there.

1 comment:

  1. I like what you've done here Rebecca. I can't get my wife to even look at some of the wonderful stories online but hey, that's life. LOL we are both short and overweight too. I'm about to start learning to sew so that I can modify clothes I buy instead of spending more on the seamstress who never seems to get it right, than I did to buy the garment in the first place. I wish I could write but I don't have the "stick to it" that I'd need so everything I've written has been at the very most a couple of pages. Mostly poetry and silly stuff. One of my best was a 30 minute assignment to write about the most beautiful word in the English language. We had to choose our own word. After 10 minutes of wracking my brain I finally had an idea. The first sentence of my composition (English Comp for college) was "I am a pundit of the word pun." Believe me, it went downhill from there.
    So hang in there and have fun with your writing. I actually found your site by following the picture above. That's great. I love Diane Castle's work. She's awesome.

    ReplyDelete